|Gunshot of Remorse|
|Episode 28, (OVA 2)|
|Air date (US):||October 2nd, 2004|
|English Scipt Adaption:||Lia Sargent|
|Directed by:||Tensai Okamura|
|English ADR Director:||Mary McGlynn|
Where the Soul Goes
High Tide, High Time
悔恨の銃声 (Kaikon no Jūsei, Gunshot of Regret) is the twenty-eighth episode of Wolf's Rain and the second OVA. The OVA/episode did not air in Japan, but was released on DVD with the other 3 OVA/episodes.
The OVA aired in the United States on September 25th, 2004 as the twenty-fourth episode, "Gunshot of Remorse".
Hige mentions that only Quent's intense hatred of wolves has kept him motivated to live up to this moment. After Quent's condition stabilizes, Blue entrusts her master to Toboe, in case something happens to her. The car breaks down, and the companions continue the journey on foot.
When Quent awakens, unable to put aside his hatred of the wolves he tells Blue "You're not my dog anymore." and staggers away. Blue, shattered, embraces Hige and says "If I can be with you when the world ends, it'll be enough for me.", and the two of them leave the pack.
After Darcia declares them unfit to enter Paradise, Darcia and Quent open fire on each other, but Toboe leaps into the line of fire. Quent kneels over Toboe's dying body, filled with horror at what he has done. Darcia then pulls the trigger on Quent.
- Tsume: So all the times he tried to kill us, it was just because of a simple misunderstanding?
- Hige: It wasn't simple... but it was probably all he had left to hold on to.
- Blue: Toboe, if anything happens to me, I want you to look after Pops, okay?
- Hige: I think his hatred of wolves is the only thing that's kept him going up until now.
- The military truck Hubb drives is a European model as the driver's seat is on the right side.